Top Picks: Unity Candle Songs
October 19th, 2017
Often, DJ Rock My World gets asked about suggestions for songs during certain parts of the wedding ceremony and reception. So, we thought we’d post a list of some of the top songs chosen by brides and grooms for those times. To start things off, we’re actually starting in the middle of the ceremony with the Unity Candle song.
The unity candle ceremony uses two taper candles with a large pillar candle (called the “unity candle”) in the center. At the beginning of the wedding ceremony, a representative from each family (usually the mothers of the bride and groom) light the two taper candles. Later in the ceremony (usually after the formal vows), the bride and groom use the two taper candles to light the large pillar (unity) candle together.
Often a unity candle is decorated with the wedding invitation, an inscription, a picture of the couple, or other ornamentation. The candles are almost always white. The lighting ceremony may be accompanied by special music, an explanation of the symbolism, or just some period of mutual gazing by the happy couple. In some circles, it is customary for the couple to save the unity candle and relight it on anniversaries.
Here are some of top the Unity Candle songs from multiple music genres:
- When You Say Nothing At All – Allison Kraus
- Take My Hand (The Wedding Song) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeWXdkEUPbo
- I Will Be Here – Steven Curtis Chapman
- I Do (Cherish You) – 98 Degrees
- I Choose You – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXN-m49MHO0
- Two Become One – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG6_hzNiWQo
- Marry Me – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gEIHgVAkJE
- The Prayer – Various Artist Versions
- Flesh of My Flesh- Josh Groban and Charlotte Church
- The Wedding Song – Peter, Paul and Mary
- Me and You – Kenny Chesney
- Ave Maria – Pavarotti h – Leon Patillo
- I Wanna Be Your Everything – Keith Urban
- I Cross My Heart – George Strait
- When I Said I Do – Clint Black and Lisa Hartman
- Come What May – Nicole Kidman & Ewan McGregor- From Moulin Rouge Soundtrack
- Forever and Always – Shania Twain
- True Companion – Marc Cohn
- All my Life – K-Ci and Jo-Jo
- For You – Kenny Latimore
- Everything I Do – Bryan Adams
- Look At You Girl – Chris LeDoux
- When You Say You Love Me – Josh Groban
- Amazing Grace – Traditional American
- Beautiful In My Eyes – Joshua Kadison
- All of Me (John Legend) – Daniel Jang
- The Keeper of the Stars – Tracy Byrd
This by no means covers EVERY great song for the Unity Candle event, just some popular ones.
Planning your wedding for 2017-2018, hire the BEST DJ here!
We do many other types of events as well, including anniversaries, corporate events, birthdays and more! Contact us today!